Best Credit Cards and Offers 2014 – Apply Online
Guide to Finding the Top Credit Cards and Offers? In Search of the Top Credit Cards and Best Offers. Finding the top credit cards and offers for your needs may seem like trying to find a needle in a haystack, with so many promotions and advertisements telling you which one to choose. However, when you take the time to search according to your own terms, you will eventually find a card worth the effort.
Review the Best Offers from Chase, Citigroup, Barclay Card, AMEX, Discover and Capital One to lock in the best card offers for 2014 – Apply online for instant approval
It may be more convenient for you to open a new credit card with your existing bank, where everything can be handled in one place. Your bank probably offers a few of the major cards in different forms and with different terms. You may already qualify for a great card and introductory offer simply by being a customer in good standing.
Search for a Specific Card Online
Find a good site where you can compare a number of cards all in one place and where the major benefits of each will be presented. Be prepared to take your own notes and make on the spot evaluations. You should first determine how a card will meet the needs of your spending habits, and what your overall qualifications look like according to your credit standing. With impeccable credit your options are virtually unlimited, but a few strikes against you may mean fewer choices and higher interest rates.
Start Nitpicking Fees
After you’ve determined your preferences for a few cards, look into them in greater detail. Fees are a major concern for most consumers, so investigate them thoroughly. Consider application, processing, annual and late fees, all of which should factor into your decision. Also, fees for going over your spending limit may be of interest to you, if you typically have a concern about it. Should you be considering transferring an old balance to a new credit card, there may be a fee for that as well, which typically hovers around three percent.
Investigate Interest Rates
Many cards will offer you an introductory rate of interest. This will be an appealing number and it often motivates consumers to take immediate action without following through on other details. Since leaping before you look is rarely the correct course of action, look beyond the initial rate and see what you’ll be spending a year or so down the road. Some of the best credit cards come with major perks and bonuses beyond ordinary interest. Once you’ve found a few cards you would like to apply to based on reputation, interest and fees, take it a step further and see if you can find a reward based card that can do even more for you.
Other people are often eager to share their opinions and experiences regarding the top credit cards and offers available. For example, if you are a mom working out of your home, join a forum devoted to others like you and state your dilemma. You could simply post: “Help! Short on time, money and energy and need to find a great credit card.” Chances are good that many members will eagerly boast about their savings and amazing deals. Equally likely is that you will be warned about cards that should be avoided. If you work in a mid to large size company outside the home, pose a few questions to the finance or accounting manager. Such industry experts know which cards to use for personal budgets, and how to get the most from them.
Finding a trusted source for financial information isn’t always easy, so when you do find one, make a note of it for future reference. Credit cards are always changing terms to entice new customers, which means you should always be on the lookout for the next best card and amazing offers.
Updated March 2014 – Top 10 Credit Cards to Consider for 2014
1. Chase Freedom – This card made the top spot for a few key reasons. First and foremost it offers an awesome bonus opportunity of $200 if you spend just $500 during the first three months. Combined with a zero percent interest rate for purchases and balance transfers, select 5% cash back bonus opportunities throughout the year, 1% cash back on all other purchases (uncapped) and no annual fee and this card is clearly a top contender for many consumers.
2. Capital One Quick Silver – Another card offering a great incentive ($100 bonus) for borrowers who use the card for $500 worth of purchases during the first three months. What makes this card a sure winner is the 1.5% cash back bonus for every purchase. The card offers a zero percent interest rate on purchases and balance transfers for the first 12 months.
3. DiscoverIT – The IT card remains very popular with consumers who love the customer service and perks of being a Discover customer. Featuring a zero percent interest rate for 14 months, and one percent cash back this card will be a major contender for the top spot all year. Additionally Discover has rolled out a new promotion offering customers a free FICO score with every monthly statement.
4. Citi Simplicity – Another great card that is working to put the C back into customer service. Offering an outstanding 18 months of zero interest on balance transfers and purchases (clear into 2015), this is a great card for borrowers looking to lock in savings on a balance transfer. Additionally the Simplicity Card offers no fees for late payments and no annual fees.
5. Chase Slate – Chase offers one of the only balance transfer credit cards without a transfer fee at zero percent. The slate card gives an impressive 0% interest on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months. In addition to no annual fees and great customer service, this will challenge for the top balance transfer card in 2014.
6. American Express Blue Cash Proffered – This card is worth strong consideration for consumer seeking a credit card offering top rewards and perks. Offering cash back statements credits of 1% of all purchases, and promotional incentives to 6% for specialty items like supermarkets. The card also offers zero percent interest on purchases and balance transfers for the first 15 months. As an added bonus, new card holders get a complimentary 1 year subscription to Amazon Prime free of charge.
7. Capital One Venture Rewards A top contender for the best in travel/hotel rewards. The Venture card offers a full two miles on all purchases everyday. Additionally, borrowers who use the card for $2,000 worth of purchases during the first 90 days, get a bonus of 20,000 miles. Their are no limits on mileage rewards. The card does have an annual fee of $59, waived during the first year.
8. Bank America Cash Back – This cash back card offers 1% on all purchases, and a bonus of $100 for borrowers who accumulate $500 worth of purchases during the first 90 days. Featuring a zero percent interest rate on purchases and balance transfers, no annual fee and select opportunities to earn additional cash back bonuses from grocery stores and gas stations, the Bank of America cash back is a great card for borrowers in the cash rebate category.
9. Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard – Barclaycards are becoming favorites with millions of consumers for good reason. The rewards card offers 1 point on all purchases and 2 points on all gas, utility and grocery purchases. This card offers a zero percent interest rate for purchases and balance transfers for the first 12 months. As an added incentive, borrowers can earn an additional 10,000 bonus points if they accumulate $1000 in spending during the first 90 days and Barclaycard is also providing customers with a chance to receive their complimentary FICO score through their online account.
10. Citi Thank You Rewards – rounding out our top ten is an awesome rewards card, featured with perks and promotions for customers. You earn 1 point on all purchases, 2 points on all dining and entertainment. Borrowers who accumulate $4,500 of purchases during the first nine months can earn up to an additional 30,000 extra bonus points. The card features a zero percent interest rate on balance transfer and purchases for the first 7 months and has no annual fee.
The author for the top 10 cards rated for 2014 is Don Marks, you can connect with him on Google+ to share feedback and suggestions on this list and to recommend your favorite card for this year.