Best Credit Cards of 2016 – Top New Card Offers
September 1, 2016 – Fall is in the air and students are returning to their universities and heading off to college for the first time. With the end of Summer, it’s a great time to get your personal finances in order. Our staff is still working to find the best deals on credit cards in 2016. Saving money with great promotions on 0% apr credit card offers is a great way to accomplish this. For September we continue to love the numerous perks being offered by Chase for the CHASE Sapphire Preferred – Earn up to 50K Bonus Points is a great promotional card offer worth considering this month, and tons of consumers are taking advantage of this offer!. Another card that remains popular with consumers is the (Chase Slate, which offering a terrific 15 months of 0% interest). You have reached one of the best websites to help guide you to Finding the Top Credit Cards and Offers then you have landed at the website online for the #BestCreditCards! Searching for the Best Travel and Vacation Reward Credit Cards for 2016? The best perks and one time sign up bonus credit cards are found here. We review credit cards every month, with a mission to help find the best offers and new card opportunities (like the Citi Double Cash Card) to help uncover top offers for borrowers with every credit profile. Searching for the best cards this Fall just got easier, we are constantly adding new reviews for all of the top cards on the market. Finding the top credit cards and offers for your needs may seem like trying to find a needle in a haystack, with so many promotions and advertisements telling you which one to choose. However, when you take the time to search according to your own terms, you will eventually find a card worth the effort.
Limited Time Offer – Top Sign Up, Cash Rewards Cards Deal In 2016
Discover it®- Cashback Match™ with No Annual Fee
**Limited Time Promotion For 2016
– Turn your cash into twice as much with the Cashback Match™ promotions
– 1% cash back on all purchases
– 5% cash back in rotating categories
– Free FICO® Credit Score
Start Here to Learn More – Read Full Review via CardRatings
It may be more convenient for you to open a new credit card with your existing bank, where everything can be handled in one place. Your bank probably offers a few of the major cards in different forms and with different terms. You may already qualify for a great card and introductory offer simply by being a customer in good standing.
Search for a Specific Card Online
Find a good site like bestcreditcards.co where you can compare a number of cards all in one place and where the major benefits of each will be presented. Be prepared to take your own notes and make on the spot evaluations. You should first determine how a card will meet the needs of your spending habits, and what your overall qualifications look like according to your credit standing. With impeccable credit your options are virtually unlimited, but a few strikes against you may mean fewer choices and higher interest rates.
Start Nitpicking Fees
After you’ve determined your preferences for a few cards, look into them in greater detail. Fees are a major concern for most consumers, so investigate them thoroughly. Consider application, processing, annual and late fees, all of which should factor into your decision. Also, fees for going over your spending limit may be of interest to you, if you typically have a concern about it. Should you be considering transferring an old balance to a new credit card, there may be a fee for that as well, which typically hovers around three percent.
Review the Best Offers from Chase, Citigroup, Barclay Card, AMEX, Discover and Capital One to lock in the best card offers for 2016 – Apply online for instant approval
Investigate Interest Rates
Many cards will offer you an introductory rate of interest. This will be an appealing number and it often motivates consumers to take immediate action without following through on other details. Since leaping before you look is rarely the correct course of action, look beyond the initial rate and see what you’ll be spending a year or so down the road. Some of the best credit cards come with major perks and bonuses beyond ordinary interest. Once you’ve found a few cards you would like to apply to based on reputation, interest and fees, take it a step further and see if you can find a reward based card that can do even more for you.
Other people are often eager to share their opinions and experiences regarding the top credit cards and offers available. For example, if you are a mom working out of your home, join a forum devoted to others like you and state your dilemma. You could simply post: “Help! Short on time, money and energy and need to find a great credit card.” Chances are good that many members will eagerly boast about their savings and amazing deals. Equally likely is that you will be warned about cards that should be avoided. If you work in a mid to large size company outside the home, pose a few questions to the finance or accounting manager. Such industry experts know which cards to use for personal budgets, and how to get the most from them.
Finding a trusted source for financial information isn’t always easy, so when you do find one, make a note of it for future reference. Credit cards are always changing terms to entice new customers, which means you should always be on the lookout for the next best card and amazing offers.
Updated September 1 – Top 10 Credit Cards to Consider for 2016
1. Bank America Cash Back® – This cash back card offers 1% on all purchases, and a bonus of $100 for borrowers who accumulate $500 worth of purchases during the first 90 days. Featuring a zero percent interest rate on purchases and balance transfers up to 12 months, no annual fee and select opportunities to earn additional cash back bonuses from grocery stores and gas stations, the Bank of America cash back is a great card for borrowers in the cash rebate category.
2. Chase Slate – Chase offers one of the only balance transfer credit cards without a transfer fee at zero percent. The slate card gives an impressive 0% interest on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months. In addition to no annual fees and great customer service, this will challenge for the top balance transfer card in 2016.
Review More Offers and Apply Online For Any Of These Great Cards, powered by CardRatings
3. DiscoverIT® – **Double Cash Back** during your first year for all new Discover customers. The IT card remains very popular with consumers who love the customer service and perks of being a Discover customer. Featuring a zero percent interest rate for 14 months, and one percent cash back this card will be a major contender for the top spot all year. Additionally Discover has rolled out a new promotion offering customers a free FICO score with every monthly statement.
4. Starwood Preferred Guest American Express Card
**Limited Time Promotion For 2016
– Receive 25,000 bonus points with $3000 of spending during the first three months
– No foreign transaction fees (great for travelers)
– $0 Annual fee for the first year, $95 thereafter
– Over 1200 hotels around the globe participate in the program
5. Citi Simplicity® Card – No Late Fees Ever – Another great card that is working to put the C back into customer service. Offering an outstanding 21 months of zero interest on balance transfers and purchases (clear into 2017), this is a great card for borrowers looking to lock in savings on a balance transfer. Additionally the Simplicity Card offers no fees for late payments and no annual fees.
6. Capital One Quick Silver® – Top rated credit card again as we head into 2016! This card offers a great incentive ($100 bonus) for borrowers who use the card for $500 worth of purchases during the first three months. What makes this card a sure winner is the 1.5% cash back bonus for every purchase. The card offers a zero percent interest rate on purchases and balance transfers for the first 9 months.
BestCreditCards.co – The #1 Website For Reviewing The Top Credit Card Deals in 2016!
7. American Express Blue Cash® – This card is worth strong consideration for consumer seeking a credit card offering top rewards and perks. Offering cash back statements credits of 1% of all purchases, and promotional incentives to 6% for specialty items like supermarkets. The card also offers zero percent interest on purchases and balance transfers for the first 12 months.
8.Capital One Venture Rewards® A top contender for the best in travel/hotel rewards. The Venture card offers a full two miles on all purchases everyday. Additionally, borrowers who use the card for $3,000 worth of purchases during the first 90 days, get a bonus of 40,000 miles. Their are no limits on mileage rewards. The card does have an annual fee of $59, waived during the first year.
9. Chase Freedom – This card made the top spot for a few key reasons. First and foremost it offers an awesome bonus opportunity of $150 if you spend just $500 during the first three months. Combined with a zero percent interest rate for purchases and balance transfers, select 5% cash back bonus opportunities throughout the year, 1% cash back on all other purchases (uncapped) and no annual fee and this card is clearly a top contender for many consumers.
10. Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard® – Barclaycards are becoming favorites with millions of consumers for good reason. The rewards card offers 1 point on all purchases and 2 points on all gas, utility and grocery purchases. This card offers great perks, has no annual fee and is top rated in the point/rewards category. Barclaycard is also providing customers with a chance to receive their complimentary FICO score through their online account.
11. Citi Thank You Rewards® – rounding out our top ten is an awesome rewards card, featured with perks and promotions for customers. You earn 1 point on all purchases, 2 points on all dining and entertainment.
Popular Credit Card News For September 2016
The author for the top 10 cards rated for 2016 is Don Marks, you can connect with him on Google+ to share feedback and suggestions on this list and to recommend your favorite card for this year.
Certain credit card offers are directly linked to the card issuer and are not part of any advertising offers or promotions from BestCreditCards.co including Citi Simplicity®, Capital One Quick Silver®, American Express Blue Cash® – we routinely rotate our list of top rated credit cards and are constantly reviewing updates within the market to help consumers find great offers are credit cards.
The credit card industry has heated up in 2016! With many top card companies improving on the promotions they have offered to include more cash back, extra perks, sign up bonus rewards, its a great time to be in the market for a new credit card. Our team of finance editors is constantly searching the market to try and find the best deals for your specific needs. We are constantly on the lookout for updated card offers, if you have a tip on a new card deal, drop us an email or contact us online so we can share it with everyone. Finding the best credit cards is our passion, thanks for visiting BestCreditCards.co your home for the best credit cards in 2016 !